Minutes of TWiG meeting 18/12/14 at Di’s House in Greenside

December 18, 2014 Gwenole Capp Meetings

Transition West Gateshead

Notes from the meeting of 18.12.14 at 5 Di’s House in Greenside

 

Present. Lesley, (chair) Di, (Note taking) Garry, Gwen Gwenole.

Apologies. Nick, Rachel K, Trevor, Mick, Steph and ike, Rachel D, David, Sarah.

Minutes of last meeting. accepted

Matters arising. 

  1. Bank account.

Di went through key questions on the Coop form prior to completing the form. She will fill in the general questions then pass on to other signatories.

  1. Facebook page and surplus swap

The page has been altered to Transition West Gateshead. There had been 25 likes.

  1. Website and logo

To return to this after next event.

  1. Constitution

Accepted

1. 4 Rs event

Publicity Di has done a flier but it requires better formatting, G & G offered to assist with this.

Funding Lesley has checked with councillors and they have no access to funds. For forthcoming event we will ask for donations, and charge for refreshments hoping to cover the hall hire.

Activities and planning

Updates:

  • Recyke y’Bike – possibly a bike repair stall – Nick to contact them TBC

  • RENEW North East – white goods repair and distribution – Trevor to contact them Organisation no longer exists

  • Mens’ Shed in Winlaton – repairing stuff – Lesley to contact Steve Gooch Confirmed

  • Repair of computers – Jim from Blackhall Mill – Mick M to contact him TBC

  • Woodworker from Gibside Market (David Shields?) – Mick M to contact him Confirmed

  • Greenside WI for cake stall – Di to contact them TBC and contact with Rowlands Gill WI

  • Derwent Valley Car Club – Susan will be bringing electric car & bike (Mick M) Garry will bring his E-bike if needed Confirmed

  • Gateshead MBC re what goes in Blue Bin (via Julie Simpson?) Confirmed

  • Food Bank Opportunity to contribute to be confirmed

  • Fat Quarters Quilting shop, Blackhall Mill (Di) TBC

  • Yarn shop – High Spen (Di) TBC

 

Update on own stalls

  • Rachel D to do felt making/ clothes mending + childrens activities

  • Table for Post Christmas Swap Lesley

  • Compost Corner (Garry) also Di to contact Frances Hinton Newcastle re wormery

  • Freegle & swap pages – Mick M has laptop & projector, Nick has dongle to connect to the internet there is a screen at the venue but no wifi

  • Quiz – maybe something that other Transition Groups have done Lesley has looked on Transition website and sent for the only one mentioned. She has also found some others  for schools on internet. We said we would aim the quiz at mixed groups of children and adults. Lesley will put together.

  • Food, tea and snacks – Di will co-ordinate

 

Advertising the event

Mick has a banner that needs to be prepared for outside the venue. Garry to check on what is required to do this. 

Car Sharing –info from Gweno. Share smarter want to come to the event, they run their organisation quite differently from the Derwent club mainly for people getting to work so they should complement each other.

Food Map – info from council Lesley contacted Steve Reay; council is interested in this.

Community Solar Farm Approach to Garry from Ross Weddle. The proposed site identified at Stargate brownfield site, they require a community group to apply for permission and funding. They want to apply to Rural Community Energy Fund for a feasibility study. To invite Ross Weddle to the meeting after the Rowlands Gill event. 

AOB Di suggested visiting venue before the date: Lesley to arrange an opportunity to visit St Barnabas Hall to see what the facilities are like, eg space, toilets, tables chairs, kitchen etc

5. Date and venue for next meeting (s). 14th January 2015 at 7.30pm at G & G `s home

Following meeting – Wed 11th. Feb. Need public venue, preferably in different part of the area. Lesley will ask for suggestions.

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Powered by http://wordpress.org/ and http://www.hqpremiumthemes.com/